EDVSA offers advice and on-going support to new and emerging groups, as well as to established groups. We provide one-to-one support, information and training on a range of issues such as:
- Setting up a new organisation
- Finding out about company and charity registration
- Knowing what charity law applies to you
- Writing and adopting appropriate constitutions
- Developing necessary policies
- Preparing to employ staff
- Reviewing your employment policies and procedures
- Managing your organisation
- Data protection and confidentiality
- Budgeting and fundraising
- Searching for funders and applying for funding
- Setting up an outcomes-based monitoring framework
- Improving effectiveness, monitoring and evaluation
- Improving the governance of your organisation including Trustee roles and responsibilities
- Chairing meetings and taking minutes
- Working with Volunteers
- Planning for the future
- Identifying the right training and learning opportunities
- Bespoke training
We are also able to offer your organisation a free health check which will review where you are and where you might want to focus your development activities.
See our Information Sheets for useful development and support resources that are available for voluntary organisations to access
Community Buildings and Facilities
'Developing Community Facilities' toolkit - this includes lots of guidance notes, tools and templates to help with the vast array of tasks which groups are faced with when they take on a capital build project. There is also a financial planning tool to help with developing comprehensive financial information for this kind of project.
It can be found on the DCC website at http://www.devon.gov.uk/drstoolkit.htm
EDVSA offers a Funding Advice Service, which provides support to Voluntary and Community groups in East Devon. Our aim is to increase the capacity of Voluntary and Community Organisations (VCO's) in East Devon and to enable them in accessing funding to develop and sustain themselves. We can help you to develop your project or ideas and present the concepts in a way which will be of interest to potential funders.
This service will:
- Identify a group's funding and resource requirements
- Assist in the development of sustainable funding strategies (click here for information sheet)
- Provide advice and bespoke training sessions if required
- Support and advise groups with funding applications and subsequent monitoring requirements.
We can access funding databases to identify potential funders.
Online Funding Support
**NEW - CIB Funding database is available to search FREE OF CHARGE
- click here to visit the CIB website (please note you will be asked to register).**
Please note: EDVSA is not a grant-making organisation
Commissioning and Procurement
Recent years have seen a shift away from grant funding to contracts for the delivery of public services. This has affected the funding relationship between public commissioning bodies and voluntary organisations.Â Many voluntary organisations and community groups are disadvantaged by a lack of knowledge about procurement processes and the European Union procurement rules; others feel that the way some procurement processes are structured puts them at a disadvantage and makes it difficult for them to win contracts for delivery of services that they have been effectively providing for years.
NAVCA and NCVO have jointly published a new guide Pathways Through the Maze, the first comprehensive guide to procurement regulations written for voluntary organisations and community groups which aims to answer the most common questions organisations have about the process.
Please click on the above picture to download a copy of the guide