Big Fund is delivering the Transition Fund on behalf of the Office for Civil Society (OCS), Cabinet Office
The Transition Fund will help civil society organisations which deliver high quality public services adapt to a different funding environment during a period when they are at risk from reductions in taxpayer funded income.
Are you eligible? http://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/transitionfund
You can only apply for a Transition Fund grant if your organisation can meet all six of the following criteria:
1. You are one of the following civil society organisations:
- a voluntary and community unincorporated charitable association
- a registered charity
- a community benefit society registered as an industrial and provident society
- a community interest company
- an organisation of another type if you operate as a social enterprise and principally reinvest surpluses for social benefit.
- 2. You are delivering the majority of your services in England.
3. You are spending at least 50 per cent of your total income delivering frontline public services in one or more of the following areas:
health and social care
- education and training
- offender rehabilitation
- welfare to work/employment services
- children and families
- debt counselling and legal advice.
4. You have approved annual accounts that are no more than 12 months old which show that:
- your total income for that year was between £50,000 and £10 million and
- at least 60 per cent of your total income came from taxpayer-funded sources.
5. You have evidence, or have substantial reason to believe, that between April 2011 and March 2012, your organisation will experience a reduction of at least 30 per cent of the taxpayer-funded income you receive for the delivery of front line public services in England.
6. Your free reserves could pay for your organisation's total expenditure for no more than six months.
- You can apply for a grant of up to 50 per cent of the reduction in taxpayer funded income that you use to deliver frontline public services in England.
- Grants are available between £12,500 and £500,000.
What can you spend your grant on?
The funding is for activities that focus on the changes your organisation needs to make to meet the programme outcome. In some cases it may be appropriate for you to spend a small amount of your grant on continuing to deliver services but you will need to explain why this will help you achieve the programme outcome.
This is mainly revenue funding but can include up to £5,000 of capital funding.
What to do next
- Do you have questions about the Transition Fund? Find out more
- Before you can apply you must check that you are eligible by using the eligibility checker
If you would like any further information please call 0330 303 0110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org