Action East Devon is a place where people of all ages and backgrounds can find out about voluntary opportunities in East Devon. We also give advice and guidance to voluntary and statutory organisations looking for volunteers.
Action East Devon works at a county,regional and national level (Volunteering England) and disseminates that information back at a local level through the Volunteer Organiser's Forum.
The office is open 10am 3pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Contact us : Sandra Chapman (Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator)
10 Good Reasons to Volunteer:
1. Volunteering develops skills that equip you for life and work
2. It opens up new opportunities and challenges
3. You experience diversity and integrate with the community
4. You make friends with like-minded people
5. Volunteering is fun, exciting and fulfilling
6. Volunteering builds your confidence
7. Volunteering enhances your CV
8. Volunteering makes a difference
9. It improves your job prospects and employability
10. It can influence your career choice
Volunteering England website - http://www.volunteering.org.uk
Volunteer Management Portal - http://www.volunteering.org.uk/vmportal
( The Portal is a website for anyone who works with volunteers. You can use it to search for
support, training and development resources to help you work more
effectively with volunteers.)